IT Help Desk Associate
Contract to hire
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Support Desk/IT Help Desk
- Experience troubleshooting Windows 7, 10, and Apple operating systems
- MS Office Applications and hardware platforms
- IT Industry certifications (MCSA, A+, Network+, etc.) preferred.
- Active directory, Support, Windows, Windows 10, Apple and Android devices, MacOS, Troubleshooting, Office 365, Help desk, Service desk, Customer service, MS Outlook, Technical support.
- Triage, assign, and resolve support cases via phone and email
- Strong background in customer support and logical troubleshooting
- Ability to develop proficiency in ticketing software use and reporting
- Must be willing to work in an environment requiring broad experience, adaptability, quick learning, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, preferred.
- Local and remote support to users on installation, maintenance and technical issues to ensure their system(s) are functioning properly.
- Provides immediate customer support for Urgent or Emergency type issues.
- Documents and logs all work done with great detail in a ticket for each issue.
- Escalates to third party vendors resources as needed.
- Follow issues through to completion and ensures proper resolution.
- Assists in creating technical documents.
- Occasional travel to other sites for project support when necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including over the phone support.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to prioritize issues
- Excellent customer service skill, including the ability to deal calmly, positively, and professionally in tense or elevated situations and with upset or frustrated customers.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot, obtain results, provide solutions for a broad range of technical problems.
- Responsible; able to manage time effectively and work efficiently, both with and without direct supervision.
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.