Sr. Java Developer
SMART IT People has an immediate need for a Sr. Java Developer in Raleigh, NC. This is a contract to hire position.
- Java 8 and above
- Springboot and Spring eco system
- Spring JPA / Hibernate
- Kubernetes, preferably Openshift
- Databases like Postgres, Oracle
- AWS/Azure Cloud Technologies
- SQL or NoSQL
The department develops and supports a growing number of critical enterprise selling processes. Design, development, implementation and support of mission-critical applications that are optimized for the best customer experience. As a Sr. Software Developer of this team, you will be working closely with agile teams of data architect and software developers to determine the best architectural and design decisions, find innovative and practical solutions to meet our business needs in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you will be involved in the entire development cycle, conduct design and code reviews and have a heavy input throughout the process, from requirements all the way to production deployment. The day-to-day work is interesting, challenging and fast-paced! Successful candidates will be strong technologists who can work proactively and independently, prioritize well, and communicate clearly.
- Work with business stakeholders, Project Managers, Architects, Business Analysts, and other IT teams to understand the business needs and their requirements.
- Work with a nimble team of software engineers and enterprise architects to ensure the solutions meet our business needs using Agile methodologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Will often require taking a lead role in the entire development cycle, conduct design and code reviews, and have a heavy input throughout the process, from requirements to production deployment.
- Able to shift between priorities as needed throughout the workday.
- Create technical system specifications and ensure documentation remains current throughout all phases of the SDLC.
- Raise up opportunities, enhancements, and process improvements.
- Communicate timely status, including any potential risks/issues of the assignments to management.
- Research, design, define, develop, test, document and implement new service APIs or changes to existing services.
- Participate in test planning, development, and execution for integration and system testing.
- Ability to research issues across multiple key systems and databases.
- Assist customers and team members on issue resolution and problem solving.
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.