Sr. Network Engineer/Admin
SMART IT People has a full-time opportunity for a Sr. Networking Engineer with excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture to establish network solutions that cater to customer disaster recovery/business continuity needs.
• 8-12 years proven industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer or Senior Network Administrator
• Professional Certification (CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE, etc.)
• Solid background in network administration and architecture
• In-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (BGB, EIGRP, OSPF)
• Familiarity with access control models and network security
• Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. Solarwinds, network tools, Netflow, Wireshark, iPerf, etc.)
• Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JUNOS, PAN OS)
• IPv4 and IPv6 experience; DNS configuration and administration
• Sharp troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work independently
• Team player and contributor
• Possess solid problem solving skills
• Ability to work under pressure and shift priorities to meet tactical business objectives in a dynamic environment
• Organizational and mentoring skills
• Effective communicator orally and in writing – essential skill for this customer facing role
• Fiber Channel infrastructure and switch configuration
• Cloud environment
• Cisco ACI/SDN technologies
• Data center
• Knowledge of any coding languages for scripting (e.g Python, Perl)
• Experience with FedRAMP environment
• Experience with VoIP systems
• BS in a technical field or equivalent experience.
• Technical certifications such as CCNA or better in Cisco Data Center is a plus.
• CCNP in Routing and Switching or Security are preferred but CCNA Routing and Switching is acceptable with demonstrated experience.
• Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Provide network support services internally and to customers.
- Must be comfortable communicating directly with customers.
- Network Infrastructure
- Design, deploy and maintain functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN).
- Solid understanding of dark fiber transport and DWDM technology and equipment.
- Familiarity with Tier 1 service providers, circuits, terminology.
- Network Administration
- Administration of a variety of network equipment including but not limited to
• Cisco ASA and Firepower firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
• Palo Alto firewalls, Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS)
• Cisco network routers
• Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches
• Dell switches
• Alcatel OMNISWITCH switches
• Aruba wireless systems
• DWDM/Layer 1 equipment
• Load Balancers
- Extensive Layer 2 and Layer 3 knowledge & experience (including virtualized infrastructure).
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve escalated issues.
- Monitor, tune and optimize network performance and integrity.
- Ensure security updates and software patches applied in a timely manner.
- Conduct routine network capacity, performance and scaling analysis & planning.
- Automate routine tasks and monitor effectiveness.
- Develop, validate and maintain documentation.
- Participate in team on-call rotation.
- Participate and lead team project initiatives to update architecture, perform fleet upgrades, drive new data center builds & expansions, add new technology, etc.
- Mentor junior team members on technologies, process and leadership.
- Lead and supervise as directed by management.
- Security Administration
- Hands on experience in production security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Create, oversee and test security measures.
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices.
- Experience with network security, networking technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Solid understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Customer DR Test Support
- Active participation in customer pre-test planning meetings.
- Close coordination with other internal teams (Cloud, Mainframe, Power Systems, Hosting, Test Management, etc.) in preparation of events.
- Setup and teardown of network infrastructures for customer Disaster Recovery exercises.
- Provide technical support during customer exercises.
- Ability to work pre-scheduled alternate shifts to accommodate customer testing.
- Pre-sales/Sales Support for Network
- Customer facing role in pre-sales discussions with potential customers.
- Possess familiarity with industry replication and backup solutions, software and technologies as they pertain to Network.
- Maintain close consultation with Sales team for Network solution.
- Perform requirements gathering for Network solution.
- Coordination with other internal teams (Cloud, Mainframe, Power Systems, Hosting, etc.) in solution development.
- Conduct research and provide product solution identification, sizing and specifications based on customer requirements.
- Define network delivery scope and development.
- Develop Visio network solution diagramming.
- Ability to present/explain network solution & process to technical and non-technical consumers.
- Customer Onboarding
- Participate in customer onboarding meetings; cross-functional coordination with other internal teams.
- Equipment procurement, setup and deployment based on customer contracted requirements.
- Coordination with Customer Network team identifying detail requirements to establish connectivity to RPS facility (RPS provided Internet; customer provided dedicated P2P circuit, RPS provided dark fiber solution, etc.).
- Testing, troubleshooting and validating connectivity and solutions.
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com withh job title in subject line.