Sr. Product Designer
100% remote in the U.S.
SMART IT People has a contract opportunity for a Sr. Product Designer. This is 100% remote based in the U.S. with possibility of conversion to perm.
The ideal candidate has experience designing for native mobile apps, responsive web design, and contributing to the build/maintenance of Design Systems. This is an awesome opportunity to work with a small, fast-growing Product Design team as a central figure in designing digital product features that our users love to interact with.
This new role will also work closely with the Lead Product Designer as an essential resource to the build of a new Design System that provides a strong foundation of components, pattern libraries and guidelines documentation.
· Submit a portfolio (and password if applicable) with your application
· 5+ years of experience designing native mobile apps and responsive web with a strong portfolio of design work, with at least 2+ years in Design Systems
· Expertise in Figma, Sketch, Zeplin, the Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience with creating/maintaining Design Systems components, pattern libraries, and guidelines documentation
· Familiarity with design for Accessibility using WCAG
· Knowledge of Jira, or similar project management software
· Positive attitude and willingness to take on multiple projects at once
· Great instincts and empathy towards users of all backgrounds
· Ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism from peers, clients, and users
· Excellent written and verbal communication, project management, and people skills
· Passion for women’s and family health!
Nice to Haves:
· Strong experience with both Sketch and Figma
· Experience with Sketch > Figma migration
· Building and maintaining Design Systems
· Experience with assistive technologies, such as screen readers
· Experience with user research, interviewing, and usability testing
· Experience with creating prototypes for user testing
· Great illustration and visual design skills, experience creating vector-based artwork
· Experience in an agile environment, working closely with Product and Dev teams
To apply, please email your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.