Sr Systems Engineer – Cloud Services
Germantown, MD (Hybrid - 2 days onsite)
May consider 100% remote but preference for hybrid
US Citizens Only and eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
SMART IT People has a full-time salaried opportunity for a Sr. Systems Engineer, Cloud Services in Germantown, MD. Our client is world class traditional and cloud-based disaster recovery and business continuity solutions
- 10+ years IT infrastructure experience preferred
- vCenter, VMware Cloud Director, NSX-T, VMware Operations
- Tier III level technical engineering support in a large-scale virtualized VMWare 6.5 & 7.X infrastructure environment.
- Design, install, and implement VMware ESX server, VMware virtual center, set up vMotion, DRS, Storage-DRS, and related VMware products (eg Usage Meter).
- Support highly resilient and available Cloud Infrastructure (daily support, monitoring and alert resolution)
- Collaborate with customers as a trusted advisor
- Understand VMware Networking concepts (Create Vswitches, several types of port groups, NIC Teaming and VLAN Problem management on VMware ESX 6.X, 7.X )
- Proficiency in server platforms and technologies such as Cisco UCS, HP, Dell Cisco Manager & Cisco Director, iLO, iDRAC
- Strong, customer focused communications skills with professional conduct
- Prioritize and organize effectively.
- Work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Escalation point to teammate questions and requests for assistance.
- Team technical representative for discussions such as approvals, advising sales, solutions designing, etc.
- Operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative environment with tight deadlines.
Preferred Experience :
- Strong scripting / automation and Linux operating system management
- Service Provider experience is a plus
- Experience in Backup & Replication technologies such as Zerto, Veeam, Carbonite, Commvault
- Networking or Storage experience a plus
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP)
- Microsoft Hyper-V experience a plus
- BS (Bachelor of Science) in a technical field or equivalent experience.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- All work must be performed within the United States
- Must pass a criminal background investigation
- Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance
- Participate in projects and daily tasks that will create and develop new Virtualization infrastructure architecture, critical organizational initiatives, and the implementation of core infrastructure systems.
- Work in a team environment with other Engineers and Architects and key Operations personnel.
- Must be able to successfully work across multiple levels – with customers, teammates, vendors, and Executive Management.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of IT (Information Technology) infrastructure and the ability to execute technical solutions that meet needs
- Act as an escalation point within the Engineering team and provide Subject Matter Expertise on one or many core Virtualization technologies supporting product and Architectural designs.
To apply, please send resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.