Vice President of Operations
SMART IT People has an exciting full-time opportunity for a VP of Operations in Raleigh, NC. Must have a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years of Operational Leadership experience. Office furniture dealership, commercial interiors, manufacturing, or distribution industries experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required.
· 10 years operations management leadership experience
· Strong profit & loss experience
· Creation and implementation of annual business plans.
· Operate at both the strategic and tactical levels.
· Proven experience and ability to hire, train and develop team members.
· Warehouse and distribution management experience.
· Strong focus on inventory control and accuracy management.
· A strong understanding of continuous improvement principles and KPIs.
· Ability to lead and advance the organization’s safety team.
· Experience with managing facility requirements.
· Experience with managing vehicle fleet and operational equipment.
· Travel is required within North Carolina - must travel to job sites to evaluate field performance and provide coaching.
· Proven experience with office furniture, walls, flooring, and commercial move installation projects.
· Experience managing project managers, punch resolution and quality assurance.
· Solid understanding of labor quoting for furniture, walls, and commercial move projects.
· Experience working with commercial general contractors and reviewing contracts.
· Experience working with subcontractor labor groups.
· Successful management of the Furniture, Architectural Walls, Moves, Project Management, Warehousing, Flooring Operations and Greensboro Operations teams.
· Overall management and administration of the operations team including overall supervision, hiring, training, discipline and personnel development, labor quoting, writing installation plans, scheduling, vehicle, and equipment management, vendor management, and management of quality assurance.
Skills needed for this position include supervising, organization, procedure writing, and training. Good oral and written communication skills and excellent organizational and analytical skills are required.
· Work with President to develop the group’s strategic vision.
· Write, present, implement and manage annual business plans for each functional area.
· Meet quarterly with CFO and senior leadership to review financial performance of each business unit and take action as required.
· Maintain a strong operations leadership team through development, coaching and accountability.
· Hire and manage all operations leadership personnel.
· Leadership and development of all direct reports, including commitment to drive Situational Leadership tools and principles.
· Develop initial and ongoing training for all direct reports.
· Manage disciplinary action for all direct reports and continuously top-grade staff.
· Ensure direct reports participate in larger company training as applicable.
· Provide oversight for project management, installation, quality assurance, scheduling, administrative functions, warehouse operations, flooring operations, Greensboro operations, and move operations.
· Lead safety committee and ensure a safe working environment for all team members.
· Lead Best of Class team.
· Responsible for implementation of policies and procedures relative to labor management.
· Proactively document as well as improve operational processes and procedures.
· Proactively manage overtime, contract labor and other key operational expenses.
· Hold team meetings monthly to increase team communication and cooperation and provide a training forum.
· Develop cost estimates and or quotes as needed by customers or team members for installation projects.
· Conduct weekly site visits of installation and move projects and document opportunities for improvement.
· Manage all facility requirements including HVAC, fire/sprinkler systems and shop annual inspections, grounds maintenance, parking lot, office cleaning, and all other facility repairs & maintenance.
· Manage company vehicle fleet and all operations equipment.
· Manage contract labor groups and other key vendor groups.
· Manage bid process for contract labor.
· Review labor quotes for reasonableness.
· Conduct post-project reviews and implement corrective action.
· Ensure customer satisfaction for all installation projects.
· Ensure accurate monthly billing for over 30 days storage.
· Ensure accurate monthly billing for project management change orders.
· Ensure accurate and proper management of the pay for performance program.
· Ensure that all team members have the tools and equipment necessary to perform their duties effectively and efficiently. Meet at least twice a year with each team to learn what is going well and what opportunities there are to improve.
5 direct reports - Director of Operations, Warehouse Manager, Manager of Project Managers, Flooring Operations Manager, Greensboro Director of Operations
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.